What is Pandemic Unemployment Assistance?
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) provides emergency unemployment assistance to individuals who are not eligible for regular state unemployment insurance (UI) benefits or benefits under any other state or federal program or who have exhausted all entitlement to regular UI benefits or any other state or federal benefits. Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) is covered under Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020, the Continued Assistance for Unemployed Workers Act of 2020 (CAA), as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, and the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021.
Who can file for PUA?
Individuals meeting the following requirements can file for PUA:
- Self-employed or independent contractors
- Employed on a part-time basis
- Have received and exhausted all rights to regular UI or extended benefits under any state or federal program
- Are not eligible for regular state unemployment benefits
- Are able and available to work but are unable to do so because of COVID-19 related reasons
Before filing for PUA, you will need to have the following information available:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your established Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- The name, address and dates of employment for any employment or self/employment worked from January 2019 through the current date
- Your wage and employment information for all employment from January 2019 through the current date
- A copy of your tax returns, 1099 documents, pay stubs, bank records, billing notices, billing invoices, sales records, contracts for services or other documentation to verify wage and employment from January 2019 through the current date
To begin the PUA claim process, you must enter your social security number and the PIN used when your regular UI claim was filed or your current PIN if re-established. Be advised, your PUA application is not complete until a confirmation number is received. The system will only recognize the date of confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation number, resubmit your application until completion and a confirmation number is received.
Security of your information
The security of your unemployment application is one of our most important concerns. We have provided safeguards to ensure security while you are entering your claim. Personal computers may retain data from your entry after you have finished your application. To be absolutely sure that your data remains confidential, you have an Exit and Save button available during the entry process. Use the Exit and Save button:
- if you want to visit other sites on the Internet; or,
- if you have to leave your computer for an extended period.
Using the Exit and Save button will make certain all of your personal information is removed from the computer you are using, so no one else can view it. Your information will be properly saved on our system.
Enter your information to get started.